replacement for ttfdump

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: replacement for ttfdump
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 09:25:08 GMT

Nelson,

I just want to inform you that there is a much better replacement for
ttfdump called TTX, written by Just van Rossum.

ttfdump is rather dead I think; the original author apparently no
longer works on it.

This Python package decompiles *and* compiles a TTF into an XML-like
format; you can get the current snapshot from

  http://www.petr.nl/just/FontTools.tar.gz

It will eventually support OpenType and PS fonts also, but only God
(and maybe Just) knows when it will be ready :-)