Antialiasing glitch in 2.0 beta?

From: Henrik Gedenryd
Subject: Antialiasing glitch in 2.0 beta?
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 19:32:35 +0100

I have recently developed a FreeType 2.0 plugin for Squeak (an open-source
Smalltalk with strong multimedia capabilities). I have also implemented
sub-pixel rendering for it which works very nicely. All is described and
downloadable at

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/1231

However, anti-aliased rendering doesn-t seem to smoothen some horizontal
parts of curves (see attached gif). Is this a known issue with the FreeType
2.0 beta, or is there something that I have overlooked?

Also, are there any known memory issues in the beta, or is it again my own
fault?

best regards,
Henrik Gedenryd

< = > .