Glyph Bitmap Caching in FreeType

From: Feinberg, Matthew
Subject: Glyph Bitmap Caching in FreeType
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 08:39:59 -0500

I know that FreeType 1.x doesn't do any caching of glyph bitmaps.

However, I understand that FreeType 2 will be able to render strings of
text rather than just individual glyphs.  If this is the case, does
FreeType 2 have some mechanism for caching glyph bitmaps, or does it at
least provide hooks so that the application may cache bitmaps?  Or am I
completely missing something major here...?

--
Matthew A. Feinberg
Lead Programmer

E-Mail:  address@hidden