Re: FT2 Mac support

From: Just van Rossum
Subject: Re: FT2 Mac support
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 12:34:59 +0100

At 8:26 AM +0000 29-02-2000, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
>Really?  In the freetype archive we have a file ending with .hqx, but
>it is binary...

Hm, I see: mac.hqx from the FT1.x distro. This is wrong, it appears to be a
StuffIt file (a Mac ZIP-like archive) but .hqx *should* mean it's a 7-bit
ascii encoded (== binhex) Mac file. (Btw. last week I had a brief
conversation with the contributor of the Mac stuff in FT1.x: unfortunately
he doesn't have the time to support it, and the current build is broken. I
went straight to FT2...)

>To support your point of view, the GNU Makefile organization must be
>changed.  It has to check whether a specific platform provides
>specific files.  If not, it has to lookup the default files.  We'll
>investigate this, and I'm pretty sure that we can support that.  But
>for the moment, please duplicate.

For the moment, I'll use the ansi set.

[ ... ]
>To continue what I've written in the last paragraph: What do you think
>about mcftlint.c (but please no mcdonald.c) etc.?

I actually consider contributing that particular subdirectory as a
compressed mac archive, encoded as one single binhex file. Within that
archive, I can use any name I like... ;-)

Just