glyphs, Arabic

From: Mashari, B.S.
Subject: glyphs, Arabic
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 03:49:44 +0300

Assalamu Alikum Wa Rahmatu Allahi Wa Barakatoh

Sir,
I need some information on existing algorithms for manipulating Arabic text as bitmap images stored and accessed to display Arabic words on the web (e.g.. by using Java applets).  And any related information about the various techniques used in handling non-Roman languages on the Web and efforts to publish Arabic contents for non-Arabic based host machine.
It is for an academic research as I'm a student.

I do thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Wa Assalamu Alikum Wa Rahmatu Allahi Wa Barakatoh

 PO Box 40585
 Riyadh 11511
 Saudi Arabia.
  Mobile: 055-260-414