Re: cleaning up FT2

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: cleaning up FT2
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 23:13:42 GMT

> What are the assumed places for the installed package ? Will it be
> (as I'd prefer) in include/freetype/ or include/freetype2/ ?

No idea yet.  I think that `include/freetype2' looks reasonable.
There isn't an `install' target yet.  Whether the current form of the
Makefiles can be retained is still uncertain -- I highly appreciate
David's efforts to this sophisticated solution, but I would prefer
automake and autoconfig for UNIX platforms.

> Also, may I suggest that I eventually write a C++ front end for
> freetype2?

Please do so!  But be warned that still a lot of things can and will
change.

> On a different topic: you were discussing recently a mailing list
> for cvs updates.  How are you generating the mails?  Do you parse
> the repo locally?  I try to do the same with berlin's repository on
> sourceforge, but have only remote access to it (via cvs itself) so
> am asking myself how to do that.

An example of how to send mails if something has been committed to a
repository is given in the CVS info pages -- search for the topic
`loginfo'.