freetalk-dev

e: [Freetalk-dev] GNU Freetalk 0.7 loudmouth branch resumes

From: Harshavardhana
Subject: e: [Freetalk-dev] GNU Freetalk 0.7 loudmouth branch resumes
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 13:55:04 +0530 (IST)

Hi Ab,

   I have checked Tapioca version of libjingle, which likely looks very
   different than original libjingle-0.4.0 from Google Inc.

   README file inside Tapioca's libjingle states that

   -- snip --
   mediastreamer, the media components used by the example applications
   depend on the oRTP and iLBC components from linphone, which can be found
   at http://www.linphone.org. Linphone, in turn depends on GLib, which can
   be found at http://www.gtk.org. This GLib dependency should be removed
   in future releases.
   -- snip --

   Linphone is registered at Savannah which has oRTP and Mediastreamer2
   features. But iLBC codec which we believe is proprietary can be used
   with the Linphone project as a plugin, i believe it is not mandatory to
   use iLBC for compiling other than Google's libjingle requires iLBC for
   Voip sessions.

   Main dependency is GNU oSIP stack, that should be okay.

   Should we reopen the freetalk-libjingle branch again and port to
   Tapioca's libjingle? Suggestions. Comments are all welcome.

Regards
--
Harshavardhana
"Software gets slower faster as Hardware gets faster"