freesci-develop

[freesci-develop] Win32 Glutton patch

From: Alex Angas
Subject: [freesci-develop] Win32 Glutton patch
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 20:40:49 -0000

Hi,

I've just sent Christoph a patch to allow building of Glutton from Visual
Studio! I've only tested LSL3 with it which seems to work just with a few
graphics oddities. Sound is fantastic and I didn't notice any bad
performance at all! Thank you _so much_ for all the work put into this. A
few notes:

- In src/menu/game_select_screen.c I replaced snprintf with vsnprintf
because snprintf doesn't exist under Win32. Unfortunately I didn't have time
to test it so this may be broken now.

- In stable we used to have the keyboard constants listed below defined. Are
they going to be implemented in glutton or are they no longer relevant?
SCI_K_PLUS
SCI_K_EQUALS
SCI_K_MINUS
SCI_K_MINUS
SCI_K_MULTIPLY
SCI_K_DIVIDE

- I no longer have Visual Studio 6 (which may be used by people building on
Windows 9x), so those project files won't work.

- I turned off most of the checking of memory allocations on the Visual
Studio build because there were a lot of errors being reported and it kept
breaking into the debugger. Are solving these a higher priority than the
DirectX driver, or does more dev work need to be done to make this
worthwhile?

Cheers,

Alex Angas.