freesci-develop

[freesci-develop] cvs: jameson

From: FreeSCI CVS repository
Subject: [freesci-develop] cvs: jameson
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 01:56:06 +0100

CVSROOT:        /var/cvs/freesci
Module name:    freesci
Changes by:     jameson 2004/01/01 00:56:06 GMT

Modified files:
        .              : Tag: glutton ChangeLog
        src            : Tag: glutton config.c config.l
        src/scicore    : Tag: glutton sci_memory.c
        src/sfx        : Tag: glutton pcm-iterator.c
        src/sfx/mixer  : Tag: glutton soft.c
        src/sfx/pcm_device: Tag: glutton sdl.c
        src/sfx/seq    : Tag: glutton sequencers.c

Log message:
* Added compile-time support for heap poisoning (sci_memory.c)
* Initialised 'res_version' to proper default value in config.l
* Fixed incorrect offset in memmove() when backing up PCM information for
later re-use
* Fixed an incorrect computation that would occasionally request too few
samples from an input feed

Samples are no longer 'cracking' for me, except at the beginning (it seems
that we're not decoding them correctly). This should be comparatively
simple to fix, though.
Meanwhile, the only reasonable way to fix the excessive memory usage by
the song player (safely) seems to involve a structural re-write of
software sequencers.

-- Christoph