freeride-devel

Re: [FR-devel] FXruby - was: actual output starting FreeRIDE

From: Horacio Lopez
Subject: Re: [FR-devel] FXruby - was: actual output starting FreeRIDE
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 17:24:46 -0300

STOP!!!! I read your initial message again and this time I really
looked at the error message and did not trust you when you said ripper was the faulty part :-) The problem is that you compiled FXRuby without the FXScintilla extension. It just happens that the source browser plugin is the first to use the FXScintilla extension in the list. Hence the error message. Look at http://fxruby.sourceforge.net/doc/scintilla.html to see the proper build option for scintilla.
Laurent

I think I had FXRuby compiled right, but anyway I tried again
I did a  ruby install.rb clean
and tried to compile again  with the options described in
the URL you provided.

That command lines actually fail, the install.rb script
provided with FXRuby 1.0.20 **doesn't** provide that
documented config parameters.

What I did was, adding /usr/local/lib and my fxscintilla/include
directory to my PATH, so I solved the compilation problem
easily.

While compiling, the script acknowledges it has found
the necesary libs in the right directories.

Compiled the whole thing again... installed,
and started FreeRIDE.... still the same problem,
the source_parser fails to load.

You are right about one thing, the FXScintilla component
is not working.
When I try to run from the FXRuby examples directory:

address@hidden examples]# ruby scintilla-test.rb
scintilla-test.rb:31:in `initialize': wrong # of arguments(4 for 0) (ArgumentError)
       from scintilla-test.rb:31:in `new'
       from scintilla-test.rb:31:in `initialize'
       from scintilla-test.rb:74:in `new'
       from scintilla-test.rb:74

As rpms wouldn't work for me, I tried compiling
everything from source.

Platform linux-i586
Ruby 1.6.8  2002-12-24
FXRuby 1.0.20
Fox Toolkit 1.0.18
FXScintilla 1.49.1

Any incompatibility in this combination ?

thanks,

              vruz