freeride-devel

[FR-devel] Yet another introduction

From: Nicolas Nieswandt
Subject: [FR-devel] Yet another introduction
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 02:17:55 +0100

Hi folks,

as requested, here's my short intro. My name is Nicolas Nieswandt and that is nearly all I can tell you about myself, because I am a really newbie on ruby (3 weeks !!) and
freeride (1 week).

But indeed there are some things I could add. Currently I'm finishing my thesis in electronics about a free space laser communication link and yes, that's a bit different. So, what the hell I am doing here? Oh, short answer, I've started programming with Basic, turned to Pascal, dicovered C/C++ was new to java and now I'm satisfied
with ruby. This language is amazing, so clear to understand, great.

Over the last 2 days I investigated the clean sourcecode of freeride because of the failing debugger, and it was easy enough for a newbie to understand the concepts. Between the lines of plugin loading I got the idea to create a splashscreen with a progress bar. So I decided to get some experience with this mini project (don't
expect any great developments in this direction).

So in general my programming skills are not that good, so I'll stay a bit in the
background (until my thesis is finished and I am not as newbie as now).
Later I might help in translation.

keep going,
Nico