freeride-devel

RE: [FR-devel] FreeRIDE Status Update

From: Curt Hibbs
Subject: RE: [FR-devel] FreeRIDE Status Update
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 23:24:27 -0800

NISHIO Mizuho wrote:
> I want to know what role you and FreeRIDE developers expect about
> the parser.

Over the years I have used a *lot* of different IDEs. But there is one that
is way ahead of the others when it comes to high-end source code navigation,
refactoring, and code-assist features: IntelliJ IDEA. In the past, I have
suggested (on this ML) that we could simply use IntelliJ IDEA as a model for
the type of high-end features to implement in FreeRIDE.

I would like to suggest that you download and play around with IntelliJ
IDEA, and then think about what kind of capabilities we would need in your
parser to implement these features in FreeRIDE. You can find it at:

        http://www.intellij.com/idea/

and in a private email I will send you the registration code for my copy so
you can look at the full version without limitations (I am not currently
using it, so I don't see any problem with you temporarily using my
registration code for research purposes).

Curt