[Q] Field/Relations/RelationList.h:makeOwnCopy()

From: Richard Guenther
Subject: [Q] Field/Relations/RelationList.h:makeOwnCopy()
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 11:27:22 +0100 (CET)

Hi!

In the RelationList class there is a makeOwnCopy() method which
seems to do two things rather than one - it makes a private copy
of the relation list _and_ retargets its items to another target.
Did this make sense or is this bad design? I.e. are the "old"
targets after copying invalid? Does it make sense to split the
method into makeOwnCopy() and retarget()? Is this (global) retarget
feature used/needed at all? I'm just thinking again about
Field/FieldEngine/FieldEngine.h::makeOwnCopy()'s semantics...

Any ideas?

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <address@hidden>