RE: [pooma-dev] [BUG] ScalarCode does not work for Arrays

From: Richard Guenther
Subject: RE: [pooma-dev] [BUG] ScalarCode does not work for Arrays
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 22:51:59 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, James Crotinger wrote:

> I don't think this makes sense. Engine is about data storage, not about
> spatial stuff, guards, etc., so I don't think it should have anything but
> "domain()".  Of course, I would say the same thing about Array - I don't
> know when Array acquired a physicalDomain(). I'm sure this was to simplify
> some generic code, but this could have been done with traits without making
> an unnecessary expansion of Array's interface.
>
> Anyway, that's my 2 cents,

What about my proposed patch? I.e. make Array.physicalDomain() actually
return the physical domain and so make ScalarCode work for Arrays? I need
this for wrapping old fortran code inside PatchCode (which I will submit
soon, its just ScalarCode without loop-apply, but just a patch-function)
and also find it useful for doing parallel iterative matrix solvers.

Do you have other suggestions to fix ScalarCode?

Thanks, Richard.