[BUG] ScalarCode does not work for Arrays

From: Richard Guenther
Subject: [BUG] ScalarCode does not work for Arrays
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 14:55:39 +0100 (CET)

Hi!

Due to the mess (it seems to me...) of the different domain() access
functions for Arrays and Fields (namely physicalDomain() having different
semantics), ScalarCode does not work for Arrays.

To summarize:

Array.domain()         -> engine.domain()
                       -> layout->domain()
Array.physicalDomain() -> engine.domain()
                       -> layout->domain()
Array.totalDomain()    -> engine.domain()
                       -> layout->domain()

Field.domain()         -> fieldEngine.physicalDomain()
                       -> (effectively) layout->innerDomain()
Field.physicalDomain() -> fieldEngine.physicalDomain()
                       -> (effectively) layout->innerDomain()
Field.totalDomain()    -> fieldEngine.totalDomain()
                       -> (effectively) layout->baseDomain()
but all those dependend on centering (i.e. vertex vs. cell domains)

Layout.domain() == Layout.baseDomain()

So I propose to make Engine's domain access interface match FieldEngine's,
i.e. add Engine->physicalDomain(), make Array.physicalDomain() call that
and return Layout->innerDomain() for this.

Other suggestions?

Thanks, Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <address@hidden>