GCC

From: Dave Nystrom
Subject: GCC
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 13:01:42 -0600 (MDT)

I'd like to try building our blanca code on my new laptop using GCC.  I'm
running RH 7.1 and the version of GCC is I believe 2.96.  I assume that is
not good enough and that I should use a beta or pre-release version of GCC.

What version of GCC should I use?  Where can I get it?  Does it come in rpm
format for a RH 7.1 version?  Any other tips in trying it out?

Thanks,

--
Dave Nystrom                    email: address@hidden
LANL X-3                        phone: 505-667-7913     fax: 505-665-3046