RE: [pooma-dev] Problem trying to build parallel application

From: Stephen Smith
Subject: RE: [pooma-dev] Problem trying to build parallel application
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 13:54:15 -0700

Actually it's a separate issue.  The makeOwnCopy in
compressible brick was causing a problem with preinstantiation,
whereas RemoteEngine was just plain missing the function, which
meant their code wouldn't compile to run in parallel.  Attached
is a patch that fixes the problem Dave had with Remote engines.
The patch was reviewed by Jim Crotinger.  I'll check it in
later today.

Changes:
   MultiPatchEngine.h
    -fixed a problem with makeOwnCopy (it needed to occur
     at the level of the patch list instead of the individual
     patches).

   RemoteDynamicEngine.h
   RemoteEngine.h
    -added missing makeOwnCopy() functions.

   Engine/tests/makefile
   Engine/tests/makeOwnCopy.cpp
    -added a test to make sure makeOwnCopy semantics works on
     remote, multipatch and dynamic engines.

    Stephen