freeipmi-devel

Re: [Freeipmi-devel] 0.8.2 Solaris patch

From: Andrew Wansink
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] 0.8.2 Solaris patch
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 16:15:48 +1100

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 11:07:23PM -0500, Al Chu wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> Thanks for the catch.  I wrote the attached patch, to try and load
> headers (and subsequently MAXHOSTNAMELEN) more correctly and
> consistently globally.  I consider that the more core problem (e.g. in
> some places I didn't even try and load limits.h for Linux).  Can you
> give it a shot and LMK if it works for you.

It looks good but doesn't apply cleanly to 0.8.2.  I guess you're
patching against CVS.

> > Also it fixes a little Solaris problem finding
> > the m4 files during auto(re)conf.
>
> Is this what:
>
> +ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS = -Iconfig
>
> solves?  I'm a little confused, b/c this should be automatic.

Precisely.  No matter what I did I couldn't get autoconf to
find the macros in 'config' until I found that option.  Maybe
it's an ancient version of autoconf shipped with OpenSolaris,
`autoconf -V` reports 2.61.

Perhaps I'm doing something else wrong.

Andrew Wansink

<snip>