freeipmi-devel

Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Patch proposal for 0.8.1 to compile and work outofb

From: Al Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Patch proposal for 0.8.1 to compile and work outofband under cygwin
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 17:29:22 -0800

Hey Holger,

I've posted a beta release that collectively has your dcmi and cygwin
patches in it.

http://ftp.gluster.com/pub/freeipmi/qa-release/freeipmi-0.8.2.beta3.tar.gz

For the ECONNRESET/ECONNREFUSED issue, I implemented it a bit
differently, putting the checks and retry outside of
ipmi_lan_recvfrom.

I ended up not putting a "--no-openipmi" type of configure option in.  I
figure I'll let the code error out normally via failed /dev/ipmi0 open,
unsupported ioctl's, etc.

I also found that ipmi-sensors and ipmimonitoring segfaulted when I ran
them on cygwin.  It seems the default cygwin stack is tinier than in
unix and I can't change it (like ulimit -c unlimited).  Tried compiling
in a bigger stack, but that didn't work either.  So for now, I made the
memory requirements of ipmi-sensors and ipmimonitoring tinier to work
around it (see common/src/toolcommon/tool-config-file-common.h and
common/src/toolsensor/tool-sensor-common.h).  My cygwin knowledge is < 1
week old, so maybe you'll know something I don't :-)

BTW, I did make sure that the "beta2" release compiled on cygwin, but I
haven't tried the "beta3" yet.  So it's possible I introduced an issue
in between.  But hopefully I didn't.  I'll make sure it still compiles
tonight.

Al