freeipmi-devel

[Freeipmi-devel] RMCP ping/pongs

From: Albert Chu
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] RMCP ping/pongs
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 15:42:36 -0800

Hey AB,

Have you gotten RMCP ping/pongs working on the tiger 4's with a
resonable amount of correctness??  I have "on occassion" been able to
get pongs back from the BMC, but most of time I don't get a pong
response back.  In addition, the rmcp ping/pong issues seem to put the
BMC into an unhappy state, and all of a sudden IPMI messages can no
longer be sent to it.

This is similar to the BMC "lock up" issue I saw and describe way way
back in an earlier e-mail.  Any ideas??  As far as I can tell, there is
nothing that limits the amount of time I have to wait between sending
RMCP ping messags.  I can send them "at will" whenever I want.  In
addition, since we set the RMCP sequence number to 255, we don't have to
think about or bother with RMCP ACKs ...

Al

--
Albert Chu
address@hidden