freehoo-users

[Freehoo-users] Umlauts not transmitted properly

From: Matthias B.
Subject: [Freehoo-users] Umlauts not transmitted properly
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 19:19:21 +0200

Hi,

I've just installed and tested Freehoo and I'm experiencing problems with
German umlauts (such as ä, ü  and ö) when communicating with a non-Freehoo
buddy. Whenever I send a message that contains an umlaut, the
complete message gets lost and the buddy never sees it. When my buddy
sends me a message with an umlaut, the umlaut is displayed as 2 characters
(i.e. the 2 characters that represent the umlaut in UTF-8) rather than
being translated to ISO-8859-1(5) (which is the standard setting for
xterm). This may be a configuration problem, but I have not found anything
in the docs dealing with character sets.

MSB

--
2+2=5, for moderately large values of two.