freecycle-users

[Freecycle-users] Freecycle on OSX

From: Viceic Predrag
Subject: [Freecycle-users] Freecycle on OSX
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 16:32:34 +0200

Hi all!

Thanx to Boon (redsteamrecords.com), we were able to build and run Freecycle
on Mac OSX platform!

We have used the latest CVS, disabled OSS, Portmidi, Portaudio, libinstpatch
and SoundTouch, and used Jack OSX for audio output. Aside some minor glitches
(alpha channel handling in envelope controller widget and some innapropriate
button sizes) and some major ones (drag n'drop doesn't seem to work and tar
command apparently not found by Freecycle), we were able to open audio files,
play them trough jack, beatmatch etc..

This next few weeks we will try to iron all the blocking issues, and provide
the comprehensive howto, or maybe even statically linked binaries.

Cheers,
Predrag