freecats-dev

[Freecats-Dev] Project status (stalemate)

From: Henri Chorand
Subject: [Freecats-Dev] Project status (stalemate)
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 22:03:04 +0200

Hi,

I have launched this project a little more than 2 years
ago, hoping that it would bring some results, even
though I was not able to provide some code myself
(because of my limited availability, as well as my
insufficient mastery of up-to-date programming
languages).

After a launch step that seemed to attract enough
interest to justify the whole concept, I have not been
able to go beyond writing down detailed specifications
and trying to recruit list members. Even though many
people initially showed some interest in the project,
nobody came up with code, or publish the code done
from these specifications. Too bad, because the code
I've seen seemed very good work.

So... I'm writing this update, because due to changes
in my professional and personal situation, I won't be
able to take care of any tasks related to this project any
more (even if it has meant nothing more than deleting
spam attempts and registering new, and silent, list
members in the last months).

In the case anybody on this list would like me to send
him/her the list management password and grant
him/her admin status for the project's Savannah portal,
please say so, and I'll forward you the keys.

Otherwise... well, this project will then be officially
declared dead.

--
Kind regards,

Henri Chorand