Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth on embedded platforms, zero boot time?

From: Ben Gonzales
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth on embedded platforms, zero boot time?
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2019 06:44:28 +1100

Yes, That's really good. 5 sec is the boot time for my Roland Aerophone, a commercial product with synth inside.

Ben

On 5/1/19 3:28 am, Ceresa Jean-Jacques wrote:

Hi,

>I'm running FluidSynth on similar but slightly more powerful hardware. The plain linux boot time (via SD-card) from power on to start of my custom kernel drivers, fluidsynth and my main program takes about 4-5 seconds.

I like very much this kind of news. This beats by far my old Win XP system that take 20 seconds from an IDE hard disk (100Mb/s only) :).

Please could you recall the hardware used and the maximum voices it can play (if you remember this).

Also i am convinced that boot time could be seriously reduced using hardware with on board flash memory. Anyway 4-5 s is really comfortable.

All the best

jjc.