Re: [fluid-dev] Trouble building/using fluidsynth

From: Justin
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Trouble building/using fluidsynth
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2018 22:01:47 -0500

Thanks, great advice! I'm definitely getting further, but still facing issues.

I created a new virtual ec2 instance locally on my mac, and installed all the dependencies with yum, not LinuxBrew (dependencies needed were libsndfile-devel and glib2-devel). I've generated a fluidsynth binary and I'm able to actually convert midi to wav on my local ec2 instance with the binary.

After copying all the libraries I needed over to my lambda (there were a lot of sub-dependencies needed, like libFLAC.so.8, libgsm.so.1, etc and I kept adding more when it would crash looking for them), I tried it out. The execution completes, but no wav file is actually generated. Here's the output of the call to fluidsynth_exec/fluidsynth -ni tmp_sf2_file_name tmp_mid_file_name -F tmp_wav_file_name -r 44100:

fluidsynth: error: Device </dev/dsp> does not exists
Failed to create the audio driver
FluidSynth runtime version 2.0.2
Copyright (C) 2000-2018 Peter Hanappe and others.
Distributed under the LGPL license.
SoundFont(R) is a registered trademark of E-mu Systems, Inc.
Uploading wav to S3
[INFO] 2018-12-29T02:28:31.717Z 6e32994f-0b11-11e9-9ca9-83cd32eff3db In CatchAllExceptionHandler

[ERROR] 2018-12-29T02:28:31.717Z 6e32994f-0b11-11e9-9ca9-83cd32eff3db [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/tmp/some_wav.wav'
Do you know what might be going wrong now? I'm unsure what goes into making sure the audio driver works. I'm actually surprised that it's working on my local ec2 instance, since I did no configuring of the audio driver there.
Thanks so much!
Justin