Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth increase one semitone

From: Ceresa Jean-Jacques
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth increase one semitone
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2018 16:58:48 +0100 (CET)

> How other midi controllers interact with fluidsynth when they are setted to 432 ?

Basically a Soundfont synthesizer is not responsable of note tuning. One can edit the soundfont file in use to change the tunning of A note to 432Hz (instead of standard 440Hz)

> Is there a midi (Control Change ?) message capable of doing this ?

Not a Control Change but a "Syssex MIDI Tuning", but i don't remember details.

> So my question is: Is there a way to tell fluidsynth to increase a semitone / change the pitch ?

Changing the pitch via MIDI isn't not easy (see MIDI sysex Tuning).

Changing the pitch using tuning commands isn't easy (see help tuning). Transposing any semitone value is easy using the internal router.

Assuming using fluidsynth console application, following commands can be used.

# How to transpose by X semitones

# First clear actual routing rule

>router_clear

# Set a rule for transposing note by X semitones

>router_begin note

>router_par1  0  127  1  X

>router_end

# Set a bunch of rules for other MIDI events

>router_begin cc

>router_end

>router_begin prog

>router_end