Re: [fluid-dev] V2 Chorus/reverb parameter ranges

From: Ceresa Jean-Jacques
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] V2 Chorus/reverb parameter ranges
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2018 22:34:58 +0200 (CEST)

As said by Tom, the old commands are deprecated and one should use the settings.

But for now the old command still work but probably will be removed. So it is not recommanded to use these.

>So, the chorus.speed numbers are Hz?

yes

>And the chorus.depth numbers are ms?

yes

>Actually, the synth allows chorus.depth numbers only up to 21 (and I'm using 44100) Is that a glitch/problem?.

Yes there is a mismatch between the old command and a the new one.

The old command 'cho_set_depth' allows to use 46 ms (at sample rate = 44100).

The new command 'set synth.chorus.depth' limit to 21. This is a bug in the upper limit of the setting.

jjc