Re: [fluid-dev] Play non-soundfont audio files, for one-shots, movie quo

From: Tom M.
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Play non-soundfont audio files, for one-shots, movie quotes, etc
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 14:47:20 +0200

> Ramsfont looks cool! Is it exposed by command-line at all?

No.

> Any instructions how end-user can use it?

No, and I cannot recommend using it. It has been removed recently.

In fact, you dont even need ramsfont for your use-case. You just need to use
fluid_synth_alloc_voice() to create a voice that you then make playing with
fluid_synth_start_voice():

http://www.fluidsynth.org/api-unstable/synth_8h.html#a005a5e8e6b34eb5a44b41d9020ce32d5

fluid_synth_alloc_voice() itself needs a fluid_sample_t that contains the raw
16bit integer PCM sound data, which you'll have to load yourself.  See
new_fluid_sample() and fluid_sample_set_sound_data():

http://www.fluidsynth.org/api-unstable/sfont_8h.html#ab72ff39f5b1bd0c48620451770be3fd5

Links refer to the new 2.0 API, as you probably dont want to write a program
for a soon outdated fluidsynth 1.1.

Tom