Re: [fluid-dev] Using multiple soundfonts from unix command line

From: Matt Wallis
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Using multiple soundfonts from unix command line
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 22:53:38 +0100

On 11/06/2018 17:01, Tom M. wrote:
Unfortunately, the procedure described above has no effect when playing midi
files. I've just implemented it in our latest development version. This feature
will be part of fluidsynth 2.0. If you need it now, you'll have to check out
the source code from our git repo and build fluidsynth from source.
Thanks very much for the info.
I just want to check my understanding here: Are you saying that playing midi files won't work (in fluidsynth version 1), as opposed to fast-rendering them to a file, which *will* work? So it works with my version for fast-rendering- no need to build from source if I'm happy just to render to a file?