Re: [fluid-dev] API design: fluid_synth_process()

From: Marcus Weseloh
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] API design: fluid_synth_process()
Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 14:09:23 +0200

Hi Tom,

looks very good, thanks!

Initially a was a bit confused with regard to the effects buffers in the first usage example. I thought that the code would only render the reverb effects... but then I remembered that the channels wrap around and that chorus would simply add to the same two channels. So maybe it would be good to explicitly state this in the example?

Cheers,

    Marcus

I have drafted a proposal for a possible implementation of fluid_synth_process() based on the previous discussion. Anybody interested, please check it out:

http://www.fluidsynth.org/api-unstable/synth_8h.html#aa8960f664e2b22025a8a72a78a614279

As it's only a proposal, it hasn't been implemented yet. Please feel free to give me feedback, whether it's understandable, useful, etc.. There are also several usage examples for this function:

http://www.fluidsynth.org/api-unstable/fluidsynth_process_8c-example.html

Tom