Re: [fluid-dev] Proposal for a new feature: lazy-loading of SoundFonts

From: Philippe Simons
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Proposal for a new feature: lazy-loading of SoundFonts
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2018 19:37:28 +0200

I'll give it a shot on my android fork

On Sun, Apr 22, 2018 at 7:26 PM, Marcus Weseloh <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all,

the dynamic-sample-loading branch has been merged into master. I will follow up with a few more pull-requests that add more bells & whistles to the feature, like the preloading function, but also some changes that reduce the memory consumption of the structural information of Soundfonts.

I would be great if you could try out the new feature by compiling and testing the master branch. Especially tests on platforms other than Linux would be great. I've done preliminary tests on Windows (which seem to work fine). But Androind, OS X, iOS are still untested.

Again, to test the dynamic sample loading, you only have to set the "synth.dynamic-sample-loading" setting to 1, either via the command line with -o "synth.dynamic-sample-loading=1" or via the fluid_settings_setint API function.

Cheers,

    Marcus

On 18 April 2018 at 20:11, Marcus Weseloh <address@hidden> wrote:
> ie. there's a hard realtime requirement here in some usages - is it still possible to meet that requirement with the samples being loaded/unloaded?

Please understand that the dynamic sample loading is an optional feature and is disabled by default. So for "hard realtime" requirements, you simply don't switch on the feature.

Ah sorry, I didn't realise it was opt-in. Sounds perfect!
-sqweek