[fluid-dev] Fluidsynth bank select

From: David Back
Subject: [fluid-dev] Fluidsynth bank select
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 13:45:22 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Marcus

Yes it is working now, I have managed to get bank 1 selected and just as
you prophesied I needed to use an offset of -1 to select it.
I include my code below, you may wish to use it as an example in the
fluidsynth documentation.

int Division::loadSoundFont(char* sfont, int reverb, int bank){
  int sfID = 0;
  int offset;
  offset = -bank;
  sfID = fluid_synth_sfload(synth, sfont, 1);
  fluid_settings_setint(settings, "synth.reverb.active", reverb); //***not convinced its working
  fluid_synth_set_bank_offset(synth, sfID, offset);
  return sfID;
}

You will see my comment on reverb -- I can hear no difference whether it is
on or off and I have still to investigate this further. Maybe reverb needs to be
turned on BEFORE loading the soundfont.

Many thanks for your help,

David