Re: [fluid-dev] Trying another reverb ?

From: Ceresa Jean-Jacques
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Trying another reverb ?
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2017 04:44:36 +0100 (CET)

Hi Ahmed,

Thanks for your objective feedback report.

> I was confused about the width range, as it is commented in fluid_synth.c v
> "@param width Reverb width value (0.0-100.0)"

No, it is me that was confused. You are right for freeverb the range is (0.0..100.0) as you have read in the source.

Now for fremverb actually the range is limited 0..1 but this is a mistake.

You can correct easily  this mistake yourself in the freemverb source file as this:

In the function fluid_revmodel_set(), you need only to suppress one line like this:

    if (set & FLUID_REVMODEL_SET_WIDTH)
    {
//        fluid_clip(width, 0.0f, 1.0f);
        rev->width = width;
    }

Please would you tell me if you get your Width effect from your configs as before ?.

i guess you will get the same Width result that with freeberb (i.e no more no less).

Regards.