Re: [fluid-dev] Trying another reverb ?

From: Ahmed Eraiba
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Trying another reverb ?
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 14:04:29 -0700 (MST)

Hi jjc,

Thanks so much for your detailed explaination!

>"The range value is: [0 .. 1] and value above 1 are limited to 1"

I was confused about the width range, as it is commented in fluid_synth.c v
"@param width Reverb width value (0.0-100.0)"

also in fluid_cmd.c :
if ((width < 0) || (width >100))
      fluid_ostream/printf(out, "rev_setroomsize: Too wide! (0..100)\n");

But now everything is clear.

>What do you prefer, the freeverb Width effect or freemverb one ?.

I like the freeverb's width effect because with some configs I can get the
distant effect ie. making the audio sounds far away.

However, I will compile with your freemverb, because it sounds much better
in general.

Thanks again!!
Refards, Ahmed

--