Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth and glib

From: Element Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth and glib
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 20:56:57 -0600

Hello Tom,

Thought I'd chime in, since I was the one who pushed using glib to begin with.  I got tired of all the architecture specific code which seemed to have issues in certain situations and saw glib as being a good option.  It does complicate building on those platforms though and in embedded systems use cases especially.  I know FluidSynth used to have a wrapper interface which provided a lot of this architecture specific code and I suspect a good portion of this is still in place.  Such a wrapper could be used to implement architecture specific ports which would not require glib.  I'm fairly knowledgeable with glib's features and API, having used it for a long time in many applications, but I'm not too interested personally in creating arch specific FluidSynth ports, except perhaps the embedded systems case.  I could probably answer questions as to the glib API which FluidSynth is using though.

I don't know much about C11 myself, so can't comment on that.

Cheers!

Element Green