Re: [fluid-dev] Turning off modulators

From: S. Christian Collins
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Turning off modulators
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 02:00:11 -0500

On 03/16/2016 01:36 AM, Srijan Deshpande wrote:
Hello,

I'm using fluidsynth with a korg microkey37 I want to turn off the _expression_ control (CC 11) mod wheel on my keyboard.

The mod wheel is usually mapped to CC1, not CC11. Or are you talking about a separate controller on your keyboard that is specifically mapped to CC11?

I found out that this can be done by creating a modulator at the instrument level for CC11 and setting its value to 0. This is how I've done it (in polyphone):

Inline images 1

But this has absolutely no effect and the mod wheel continues to function as before. Any ideas?

If you are testing the results in Polyphone, please be aware that even though you can edit modulators, Polyphone's internal SoundFont synth doesn't actually support them. You will need to test your modulator edits using FluidSynth.

-~Chris