Re: [fluid-dev] Akai EWI-USB, Raspberry-Pi, and FluidSynth

From: Ben Gonzales
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Akai EWI-USB, Raspberry-Pi, and FluidSynth
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2015 02:47:15 +1100

Hi Marcus.

Gee, that looks like fun! I hope you get a great response. You've obviously put a lot of work into the project.

I haven't actually measured the latency. All I know is that the sound comes out without enough delay to annoy me! I take it you'd need an oscilloscope or similar to measure it?

The R-Pi is a model 2, so it's more powerful than the original Pi, and since I play only one note at a time, I guess that keeps the load down. There's no GUI, of course. The system load is usually <15%.

Ben