Re: [fluid-dev] Command Line MIDI and Configuration Files (fluidsynth(1)

From: James Ong
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Command Line MIDI and Configuration Files (fluidsynth(1), v1.1.5)
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 17:19:30 +0800

Oh man, I was facing the same issue and posting the same question as you.

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 4:45 PM, R.L. Horn <address@hidden> wrote:
This works great when I connect a keyboard or otherwise send events via
the ALSA sequencer, but has no effect when specifying a file on the
command line (i.e. fluidsynth -f youngs.txt [soundfont] [midifile]).

Try running fluidsynth with the -o player.reset-synth=false option.

Argh!  You're absolutely correct.  This combination of lilypond and fluidsynth must be turning my brain to mush, because it's right there in the FM:

  MISCELLANEOUS

  player.reset-synth BOOL [def=True]
         TRUE to reset synthesizer MIDI state between MIDI songs.

Many thanks.