Re: [fluid-dev] Defining a standard directory for soundfonts Was: First

From: Matt Giuca
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Defining a standard directory for soundfonts Was: First Try Failure
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 20:33:48 +1000

>> Question is whether this stuff should actually be in FluidSynth or in
>> its clients. If the client does not specify a soundfont on the command
>> line, it might be that he/she wants to load it as a shell command.
>> Maybe yet another switch --load-default-soundfont (and corresponding
>> API thing)?
> not sure what "load it as a shell command" means :/

FluidSynth has an interactive command-line mode, where you can type in
shell commands after it has already loaded. I think he means that if
you don't load a soundfont as a command-line argument, it might be
rude to auto-load one, because the user might have been planning to
use FS's interactive prompt to load one later.