[fluid-dev] Unable to pipe output to stdout

From: Stefan Parviainen
Subject: [fluid-dev] Unable to pipe output to stdout
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 20:46:11 +0200

The following command
"fluidsynth -vilF - mysoundfont.sf2 mymidifile.mid | cat"
gives the error
"fluidsynth: error: Failed to open audio file '-' for writing"

However,
"fluidsynth -vilF - mysoundfont.sf2 mymidifile.mid > somefile.wav"
works fine.

So there seems to be something strange going on with piping. Any ideas
what the problem is or how to work around it?

The Trac on sourceforge seems to be broken, I'm unable to browse it if
I am logged in (goes into infinite redirect-loop) so I'm reporting the
bug here instead.

--
Stefan Parviainen