Re: [fluid-dev] Do you provide a non-midi-oriented API?

From: David Henningsson
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Do you provide a non-midi-oriented API?
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 14:13:10 +0100

On 2011-03-23 12:24, Edmundo Carmona wrote:
Hi!

I have this synthesizer I created in python. It's called pythogoras
and I use it to be able to listen to music using different tuning
systems. https://code.launchpad.net/~eantoranz/+junk/pythogoras I
created this three samples of Air on the G String with it (careful,
blasting sine waves):

Pythagorean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq-SrgV7_Ow
Just intonation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdL8aPQUOk0
Equal temperament: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6XkgNT20Eg

Now, I was looking around for other synthesizers to try to find
something I could use to make the sounds coming out of pythogoras more
realistic and found pyfluidsynth, which is a wrapper for fluidsynth,
but the API is too midi-oriented and I need control at the wave
frequency/amplitude level. Is it available with fluidsynth?

If you make your own synthesizer, which are not based on MIDI and the SF2 format, FluidSynth is probably not for you. You might be interested in algorithmic composition languages like CSound, Pure Data, or Supercollider.