[fluid-dev] Re: Fluidsynth reverb setting

From: Edenyard
Subject: [fluid-dev] Re: Fluidsynth reverb setting
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 11:39:32 +0000

David - many thanks for your response!

Hmm, I don't think it's currently possible to specify those parameters
on the command line. Try running fluidsynth without the "-i" switch,
you'll get a shell. In that shell, you can issue the "help reverb"
command. Then try putting outrageous values in and it'll tell you the
maximum values. Looks like there is room for improvement in the user
friendliness here :-)

You could also try things like
echo "rev_setlevel 10" | fluidsynth (still without the -i switch)

My problem is this: I have a script file that firstly starts Fluidsynth and secondly starts another program which feeds MIDI data into Fluidsynth. This all happens at boot-up and there isn't a keyboard or monitor connected to the system in the ordinary way. Therefore I'm unable to issue any shell commnds after Fluidsynth has been run. This is why I have all of those parameters on the command line.

Would it be possible for Fluidsynth to be modified for the next release so that the reverb can be controlled via command-line parameters?

Failing that (or in the meantime), is there another way of controlling Fluidsynth's reverb in my situation?

Cheers,
Gerald.