[fluid-dev] Query: router_chan

From: Dave Serls
Subject: [fluid-dev] Query: router_chan
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 10:09:54 -0700

 Returning to linux audio after a long hiatus.

 If I use router_chan in a fluidsynth instance like this:

# change note events for odd channels to ridiculous invalid channel
# note that channel nums are 0-relative in fluidsynth 1-relative on piano
router_begin note
router_chan 1  0 8 32
router_chan 3  0 8 32
router_chan 5  0 8 32
router_chan 7  0 8 32
router_chan 9  0 8 32
router_chan 11 0 8 32
router_chan 13 0 8 32
router_chan 15 0 8 32
router_end

 I receive no errors.  But what really happens? It sounds pretty much OK.

 The code only checks the resulting channel for less than 0, setting it to 0 if
so.
 If the channel has no preset -- does the event disappear?
 This is what I want, as I'm running 2 instances of fluidsynth, one translating
the even channels high,
 the other the odd ones.
 My Yamaha has a 'split' keyboard function which will send the left hand to a
channel 'paired' with
 the right hand on another adjacent even or odd channel.