Re: [fluid-dev] LicensingFAQ

From: David Henningsson
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] LicensingFAQ
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 02:56:47 +0100

On 2011-02-21 02:37, Matt Giuca wrote:
That's a good summary. I would just add one thing:

Can I include FluidSynth in my closed-source commercial project
I would add to this section "The same advice applies to projects
released under permissive licenses (e.g., BSD or MIT). Because such
licenses permit closed-source redistribution, they need to be
considered to be closed-source when linking with LGPL projects."

I'm not exactly sure what you mean here. There is no problem in statically linking BSD with LGPL code as long as you redistribute the entire source (BSD + LGPL parts) with your binary, right? So then it would not be the linking or the license combination that's the problem, it becomes only a problem is you redistribute without full source. Is that what you're after?