Re: [fluid-dev] Can fluidsynth forward midi messages without playing bac

From: David Henningsson
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Can fluidsynth forward midi messages without playing back?
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 22:30:33 +0100

On 2011-02-20 15:06, Nils Hammerfest wrote:
Hello,

currently our software uses fluidsynth as an internal synth you can switch the
midi engine to jackmidi.
I wonder if we need this split (and double work). Is it possible to just
forward messages which are generate through the fluidsynth api (not midi) as
midi messages via jack or alsa midi?

Well, FluidSynth's midi drivers are input only. But you can use those drivers by providing your own callback to new_fluid_midi_driver() and then have that callback call either fluid_synth_handle_midi_event or your own output drivers for Jack midi. (Or fluid_midi_router_handle_midi_event, if you use that functionality.)