Re: [fluid-dev] Revised patch for new channel field is_drum_channel

From: David Henningsson
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Revised patch for new channel field is_drum_channel
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 09:13:51 +0100

On 2011-01-29 21:01, jimmy wrote:
--- On Fri, 1/28/11, David Henningsson<address@hidden>  wrote:

On 2011-01-28 23:07, jimmy wrote:

Here's the revised patch file for the new channel
field "is_drum_channel".

Thanks, but you're missing the patch :-)

// David

Oops, here it is.

Thanks. I've fixed a few bugs in your patch - see the attached diff.

But there was one thing keeping me from committing the fixed version:

+
+  /* if style == XG and bankmsb == 127, convert the channel to drum mode.
+   * How should "newval" above be calculated (same as MMA style) ??? */
+  if (style == FLUID_BANK_STYLE_XG && (127 == bankmsb))
+  {
+      chan->is_drum_channel = CHANNEL_TYPE_DRUM;
+  }
+

...this doesn't feel right. First, it seems you can alter your channel type via MIDI to be a drum channel, but there is no way to alter it back to melodic (?).

Second, how should we calculate the new banknum in XG mode? Given your comment, you don't seem to be certain yourself.

Could you start off with my fixed version of your patch, fix this as well, and send a new diff back? Thanks!