Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth backend for SDL_mixer

From: James Le Cuirot
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth backend for SDL_mixer
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 09:15:49 +0000

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 22:15:50 -0800
Sam Lantinga <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hey guys, is there an update for this patch?  I'd like to include it
> in the next SDL_mixer release, if you think it's ready for prime
> time...
>
> Thanks!

Hi Sam,

Great to hear from you. I had it almost ready and just wanted to
discuss the backend fallback process with you. Then Matt Giuca came up
with some provisional FluidSynth improvements that would cut my patch
in half by allowing it to simply play data straight from a buffer. I
did mean to try this out but things have been a little eventful here
with the arrival of my baby daughter.

Matt, how are things on your end? Were you waiting for some feedback?

James