Re: [fluid-dev] Re: Last QSynth issues committed

From: David Henningsson
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Re: Last QSynth issues committed
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 11:51:16 +0100 (CET)

> Quoting Rui Nuno Capela <address@hidden>:
>
> I was thinking the same thing, in regards to notification callbacks.

I'm not saying my way of thinking is the one and only right way forward,
but given state-machine and voice-renderer thinking, the notification
callback way is the wrong way. The right way for system reset would be to
immediately reset the state machine, and then send an "all voices off" (or
similar) to the voice renderer. Then a call to retrieve current program
would succeed correctly.

> So its a go then! :)

Moving things in and out of synth context (as recently said on the list
for reverb/chorus) always raises the question of reordering. Is that
something that can be a regression of 1.1.1, that given a certain timing,
reverb/chorus changes can fail?