Re: [fluid-dev] New debian/ubuntu package available for testing

From: Bernat Arlandis i Mañó
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] New debian/ubuntu package available for testing
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 18:12:15 +0200

David Henningsson escrigué:
Now I have made a Debian package of 1.0.9, that has the non-DFSG files
removed. I've uploaded the Debian sid package to:

main contrib non-free
- dget
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/f/fluidsynth/fluidsynth_1.0.9+dfsg-1.dsc

There is also a Ubuntu Jaunty version of the same package available here:

- Repository: deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/diwic/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/diwic/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main

Testing is encouraged!

// David

It installs and works ok, but building the package gives these warnings:

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libpthread.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/fluidsynth/usr/bin/fluidsynth" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libncurses.so.5 could be avoided if "debian/libfluidsynth1/usr/lib/libfluidsynth.so.1.1.3" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on librt.so.1 could be avoided if "debian/libfluidsynth1/usr/lib/libfluidsynth.so.1.1.3" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).

You should fix these for Debian and fix them upstream too for future releases.

I can't install the -dev package since it depends on libjack0.100.0-dev, this is a dummy transitional package, you should depend on libjack-dev instead.

Now that we're at it, QSynth is orphaned, aren't you interested on maintaining it too? ;)

Cheers.

--
Bernat Arlandis i Mañó