Re: [fluid-dev] Dealing with startup

From: Edenyard
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Dealing with startup
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 08:47:08 +0100

Dear Josh,

Very many thanks for that!

The first "while true" loop is essentially a busy loop, since it will be
executing acconect and checking its value as fast as it can.  Adding a
sleep inside of the loop (like I added above), should help things.

Am I right in thinking that 'sleep' won't hold up anything else that's going on whilst it's sleeping? In other words, Fluid can get on with its SF loading at full speed whilst 'sleep' does nothing? (I just want to check my understanding here.)

The only reason I ask is because I had an idea I'd experimented with 'sleep' in this script when I first wrote it. Of course, it's quite likely that I put it in totally the wrong place! Since that was all 2 or more years ago, the old memory's a bit foggy now....

Cheers,

Gerald.